Summer Crime Prevention Tips
The following crime prevention tips are recommended by the police department:
Bike Theft Prevention
- Most bikes are stolen while left unlocked. If you’re not riding it, LOCK IT UP!
Bike Safety Tips
- Obey the rules of the road.
- Always wear a helmet.
- Wear bright-colored or reflective clothing while riding.
- Always ride with traffic – never against it.
- Parents should be aware of where their children are going.
- When leaving town on vacation, stop by the police department and fill out a Vacant House Form.
- Have someone pick up your mail and newspapers.
- Leave a lamp on a timer.
- Always lock your home, garage or office.
- Lock up your car in evening.
- Do not leave valuables in your car.
- If you must leave items in your car, put the items in the trunk.
Have a safe summer; it is our honor to protect and to serve you.