Signing Up for the Emergency Alert System:
1. Add your email into the "Newsletter" on the right-hand column and press "Sign Up". This will send a verification email to the address you have provided.
2. Log into your email and click the link found in your Inbox to activate your email into our system.
3. You will now receive email alerts every time the Department sends one.
What Is the Emergency Alert System?
In order to provide the community with updated information regarding the Borough of Fanwood, we have instituted an emergency alert system which is sent to personal email addresses. These emails, which describe various information including road closures, crime alerts, and important events, are another way for residents, visitors, and everyone else who comes to Fanwood to be "in the loop".
What are some examples of emails that get sent?
1. Road Closure Information (I.E. - A main road will be closed during a specific day).
2. Crime Alerts (I.E. - Information regarding Amber Alerts, crime prevention tips, and "be on the lookout" activity).
3. Important Events (I.E. - Santa Ride, FannyWood Day, Memorial Day Parade. These alerts are meant to inform the public of the times and locations of the events so motorists can plan alternate routes).
How Often Are Alerts Sent?
Alerts are only sent when it is necessary. You will NOT receive alerts to the point of annoyance.